School Development Plan 2018 -19 Key Aims and Rationale
- The key aims of the School Development Plan 2018 – 19 are:
- To provide a safe, stimulating and enabling environment for children and adults.
- To develop capacity, structure and rigour within all departments of the academy structure to ensure a functioning, proactive and responsive school system which can grow with a stimulating curriculum and learning environment, high-quality assessment, innovative ways of working and being responsive to the needs of pupils.
- To develop the skills of the staff in both the delivery of high-quality education and the ability to critically analyse this.
- To ensure that the Academy delivers a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of learners.
Put simply, in 2018 – 19; we must:
- Raise the quality of teaching & learning
- Be constantly mindful of our Safeguarding duties
- Rigorously monitor and act decisively as a result
- Develop the assessment structure in the school
- Support the whole child
- Build sustainability
- Develop independence, resilience and peer support within the children
- Build on the Academy’s values, ethos and develop community relations.